joi, 9 decembrie 2010

Relaxation music


Found this list years ago in a magazine, thought I should share it with you.

For calming the nervous system: Beethoven's concerto no.5 for piano and orchestra, Wagner's Parsifal overture.

For mental unwinding and relaxation: Debussy's sonata for flute, viola and harp and Clair de Lune; Chopin's nocturnes and L'Apocalypse des animaux by Vanghelis.

To combat fatigue and over-exertion: Smetana's symphonic poem Vlast and Edvard Grieg's Morning.

For treating depression: Dvorak's Carnival.

To relieve agitation: Beethoven's ode to joy and Pilgrim's chorus by Wagner.

For the treatment of neurasthenia and autonomic disorders: serenade no.13 and symphony no. 41 by Mozart.

To calm the great sufferings that are the result of tragic events: Dvorak's cello concerto and Tchaikovsky's Pathétique.     

2 comentarii:

  1. What an interesting concept that one can be this precise! I'm glad you have come across my blog, Loose and Leafy, and that you enjoy it. Thanks for becoming a follower.

    Lucy

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Your blog inspires me in my crafts, and it's been so long since I've looked at nature the way you do that I can't help but miss those innocent, beautiful days.

    RăspundețiȘtergere